Mike and Phil stand on their slabs and discuss Lady Hornets' summer softball.
Railtown Model Railroad Supply self-storage. Out of the box construction with new paint, numbers above the bays, door sign, Hi-Tech Details dumpster with new lids, BLMA air-conditioner, and Alexander Scale electrical meter. LIght weathering. Preiser figures with some new paint and weathering. Herpa cars out of their boxes.
These storage buildings are everywhere and pretty much from the sixties on. $15.99 list for the pair and about an hour's work exclusive of cleaning the airbrush. (One of those days!) You can stick them anywhere. The cheaper the land the better.
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2020 6:42:18 GMT -8 by Christian: Fixes and stuff.
Bowser ACF 1958 CF Covered Hopper kit painted with Scalecoat II UP Covered Hopper Gray Paint and lettered with Highball Graphic Decals. The Ann Arbor purchase a lot of these cars to service the giant Dundee MI cement plant, after the Interstate Highway boom they were transferred to the Yuma MI Sand Pit supplying the Ford Brook Park Casting plant with casting sand.
McKeen Combo Door Boxcar kit, removed the poorly done frame from the car and installed a Details West Cushion Underframe in place of the frame along with Moloco Couple Pockets for ease of assembly, also installed A-Line sill steps. Car was painted with Scalecoat II Boxcar Red and Silver Paints and lettered with Mask Island Decals. Car was used in general service on the EL.
Pair of Scaletrains SD40-2's in Chessie Systems paint with a general freight train on the Strongsville Club Layout.
Thanks for looking!
Rule 1: This is my railroad. Rule 2: I make the rules. Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Just put my flag outside and now it is time to post photos of my recently completed PRR H39 hopper cars. They started with Bowser's 12-panel undecorated cars that I redetailed by removing all of the very thick grabirons with 0.0125 wire, replaced the trucks with correct Tahoe 70-ton ones, added a Kadee brake wheel and #178 couplers and finally added Tichy stirrups.
The cars were then painted with ModelFlex gloss black and lettered with an assortment of decals including PCRRHS PRR 100-ton decals plus bits from PRR sets that I designed and printed in the past.
This redetailing takes a lot of work but converts these Bowser (very old molds from Stewart) cars into nice looks contemporary models.
GP40 follies, here the two I've finished, 3059 utilized a shimmed Cannon cab, 3055 has a shimmed Kato cab and a new Athearn short hood, both have had sills made from styrene, some drains and air filters added in addition to their new 3600 gal fuel tanks (also Athearn). On the Rio Grande both of these units were "B" units having had their radios, toilets and other crew amenities removed in the early '70s so they were not able to lead a consist of locomotives, the radios etc were installed in new GP40-2s as they were received from EMD, the railroad saved some money and little, if any flexibilty was lost as for the most part locomotive consists were not being broken up as the reached their end desinations, a 5 unit consist of second generation GPs was standard fare in the '70s especially on the west end of the system.
Sorry it's so late, but it's hard to find time off work lately. I got today off, so I'll take it!
I started on this model in 2017. The idea was to use an Atlas B30-7 sill modified to Phase 3 length, B30-7 cab and a C30-7 shell to build a B36-7. At the time there was no inkling that Rapido would release this model.
Instead of modifying the Atlas frame to change the overall length and the truck centers, I decided to 3D print a new frame and fuel tank for this model. The frame itself is very lightweight and somewhat flexible compared to a metal frame, so the weight is attached to the inside of the body shell. The frame is designed to use Athearn trucks, drive shafts and a Kato motor. I originally used Smokey Valley sideframes, but I couldn't stand those and eventually made adapters to use Atlas sideframes.