Post by Donnell Wells on Nov 13, 2012 10:24:42 GMT -8
I know some of you have been having issues with the search function, so I put together this quick-guide to using the search function.
1. Click the Search link in the header.
2. Search For: - Type the subject of your search in the search window. Select the type of match from the drop-down menu. Default: Match all words
3. More Options: - Select the type of search from the drop-down menu. Default: Search all posts
4. Boards to Search: - Check which boards you would like to conduct the search in. Deafult: Check all
5. Search in: - Check the appropriate box to search for your subject in the subject headings, or in message body. Default: both boxes checked
6: Posted within the last: - Enter the number of hours and days in the past your would like to search. Default: 7 days
Note: Since we've been up and running for less than a year, I typically use 365
7: Maximum results: Enter any number between 1 - 1000 Default: 10
8: View results as: - Check appropriate box to display results as posts or threads. Default: posts
9. Hit the search button.
Following this procedure should get you the results of your search. Remember, posted within the last: should be at least year, and maxium results: at least 100. Once the forum has been up for a few years this will obviously change. I'd use something like 1000 days, that'll cover more than three years!