All grabs and railings have been added, except for the curved railings to accommodate the sill decal on the future brown caboose at left. P.S. Here we can see one of the L grabs is misaligned -- that has since been fixed.
Shells painted and dry, now time for glosscote. This was the last hurrah for the can. Cost me $9.50 plus tax and 25 cent eco fee back in March 2018, giving me 2.5 years out of this small can. Hard to believe it has been that long.
I have decided not to fog over the cupola windows with dullcote this time. I have also decided to leave one half side window open. All of this means I'll need to install cupola seats -- here they are at the ready.
Looking good so far. I love how well the spray paint worked. I sometimes use it when I don't feel like getting the airbrush and compressor out. It doesn't always work out as well as it did for you.
Thanks. The airbrush is a hassle which is admittedly very necessary in limited cases. For many other applications the spray paint works very well and I would recommend you keep trying with Krylon. Seems to be the best for plastic models.
Post by sd40dash2 on Sept 26, 2020 14:03:38 GMT -8
We'll now focus on brown caboose 119 for the next series of photos. Decals and end windows have been applied and are dry and the stack has been painted. Ready to take this outside for a quick application of dullcote.